I made these when I visited my family for Christmas break, even though I have been wanting to make them since before I even thought about starting my own food blog. They were a total hit with the fam and everyone asked me why I didn’t make more of them!
If you like s’mores and chocolate chip cookies, you NEED to make these. There is something about crunchiness of the graham cracker, the fluffiness of the marshmallows, and the gooey-ness of the cookie dough that is ridiculously amazing. If you want to take a shortcut, you can definitely skip making the chocolate chip cookie from scratch, but it might be tricky incorporating the marshmallows into the cookie dough. Otherwise, you can follow the recipe for everything else.
So I squished my cookie dough down because it wasn’t spreading across the graham crackers enough, which smeared the chocolate chips and marshmallows and made them look kind of ugly. I may try rolling out smaller balls of cookie dough so they’ll be prettier next time.
S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes 3 dozen cookies)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg (at room temperature)
1 egg yolk (at room temperature)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2-3 cups marshmallows
2 bars of Hershey’s milk chocolate, broken into squares
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients, 1/3 of it at a time, until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Cover bowl with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spread graham crackers onto a cookie sheet.
- Drop balls of cookie dough (about 1/3 cup each) on the graham crackers.
- Bake for 5 minutes then press in chocolate squares. Bake for another 5-7 minutes.